CanadaPhysio - Acupuncture Treatment:
Acupuncture has been practiced for centuries and today is widely accepted and implemented in Western medicine. At CanadaPhysio, whether you have pain, discomfort or a specific health concern, our acupuncture therapists take the time to assess the exact cause and will work one-on-one with you to help you achieve a greater level of health. Treatment is very comfortable and patients experience relief from a wide variety of conditions and ailments.
Experience the natural health benefits of medical acupuncture at CanadaPhysio.
Acupuncture Therapy is covered by most Extended Health Benefit Plans.
Effective April 1, 2013, the practice of Acupuncture became regulated by the Ontario College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners & Acupuncturists. CanadaPhysio Acupuncture therapists are exceptionally trained and certified to practice with many years of therapeutic experience.
Origin of Acupuncture and how it works:
Acupuncture originated in China more than 3,000 years ago and is considered one of the oldest and most effective Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) procedures. As an essential part of TCM, acupuncture involves the insertion of very thin, metallic needles, (sometimes in conjunction with electrical stimulus), on specific body surface acupuncture points known as acupoints. The sterile needles are so thin that there is virtually no pain or discomfort felt by the patient. Much research has been done by scientists on how acupuncture works. The most widely accepted theory is the energy theory called 'Qi' in Chinese (pronounced ‘Chee’). In Chinese medicine, it is believed that a flow of life energy 'Qi' is active in every living being. This energy is circulating in regulated patterns throughout the body along specific pathways that are called 'Meridians". To date, Chinese Medicine has identified 14 meridians throughout a human's body. These meridians conduct the flow of the vital energy 'Qi'. As long as this energy flows freely throughout the meridians, health is maintained. When this flow is disrupted or blocked, then pain and illness occurs. Inserting needles in specified points on the body along the meridians allows for the normal flow of energy to be restored causing health to return to the body. This approach to treatment is applied to specific medical conditions and contributes to the overall well being of individuals.
CanadaPhysio- What Health Problems Can Acupuncture Treat:
Acupuncture is successfully used to treat a variety of health conditions including:
- Insomnia or sleep disturbances
- Anxiety and Depression
- Muscular and neurological disorders: back pain, neck pain, facial tics, chest pain, rib neuritis, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, various forms of tendonitis, sciatica, osteoarthritis
- Digestive disorders: gastritis, and hyper-acidity, spastic colon, constipation, diarrhea
- Respiratory disorders: sinusitis, sore throat, bronchitis, asthma, recurrent chest infections
- Urinary, menstrual, and reproductive problems
- Ringing in the ears
- Pain in the face, ears and jaw when chewing or yawning, TMJ
- Smoking Cessation
How to book an appointment
- Phone: (Toll Free) 1-844 PHYSIO 1 (1-844-749-7461) or 416-572-1001 and you will be connected to a clinic near you. You will then speak with one of our attendants who will assess your needs and help you book an appointment that suits your schedule.
- Walk-in: Patients are more than welcome to visit one of our many locations throughout Toronto, the GTA and London, Ontario, in person to book an appointment.
- Email: email@example.com
- Live Chat: Call our toll free number at 1-844 PHYSIO 1 (1-844-749-7461) or 416-572-1001 and speak to one of our live attendants 24 hours a day/7 days a week.